The job of a nanny can be challenging, but it is truly one of the most enjoyable and rewarding career choices. As a nanny, you will have the opportunity to be a positive role model and an extremely important part of a child’s life. You will not only be treated as a professional caregiver, but as an essential part of a supportive and loving family as well. Benefits of being a nanny may include:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (i.e. health insurance stipend, vacation and holiday pay, mileage reimbursement, etc.)
- Bonuses and other perks
- Comfortable, pleasant work environment
What We Offer Nannies
- Full and part time positions with some of Columbus’ finest families
- Families fully screened for safety and compatibility
- Guidance through each step of the interviewing and family matching process
- Continuous nanny support
- No fee is ever charged to our nannies
How it Works
Step 1 Contact Us
Phone: Cynthia Reinacher, Placement Director 614-327-0654
Step 2 Interview with The Columbus Nanny Agency
We will set up an interview at a convenient time for you to discuss your qualifications, salary requirements, availability, etc. During this time, we will try to determine your ideal position. We ask that you bring a copy of each of the following to the interview:
- Drivers License
- Proof of Insurance
- CPR Certification
Note: If you are not currently certified in CPR, we require that you attain CPR certification prior to your first day of employment. We will be happy to assist you in scheduling an Infant/Child CPR class.
- Any other diplomas or certificates
Step 3 Reference Check
- We will contact your employment and personal references.
- At least 2 references must be childcare related.
Step 4 Interview with Family
- If selected as a nanny candidate, you will have the opportunity to choose from a list of available families with which you may choose to interview. We will provide you with a list of possible interview questions and questions for you to ask the family. The families will then schedule a personal interview with you and discuss their specific needs. Specific duties, wages, benefits, days off, etc. will be discussed with the family.
Step 5 Hiring
- Families will contact us with job offers, which we will then offer to you. You will have the final say and choose which family you would like to work with. You and the family will complete an individualized Employment Agreement that will serve as a mutual understanding of the nanny position and the expectations of the job.
Requirements for Nannies
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma; college degree or course work preferred but not mandatory.
- You must be a US citizen or be eligible to work in the US.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- You must have previous childcare experience and references.
- You must be willing to submit to a complete background check and a drug test, which is paid for by our agency.
After You Have Been Hired
In the rare instance that your placement is not ideal, we are always here to help you! The Columbus Nanny Agency will not place nannies with families requiring excessive housekeeping or hours, poor working conditions or below appropriate salary levels. Nannies can feel comfortable working with us and confident knowing that we are committed to finding you the best nanny position possible.