Why Use an Agency?
Hiring someone to work inside your home is a very serious exercise. You will be trusting this person with the physical and emotional development of your children. It can be an overwhelming and stressful decision.
By working with an agency, you are getting professional help in one of the most important decisions of your family’s life.
When you buy a home, you probably consult a Realtor. When you pay your taxes, you probably consult an accountant or tax attorney. When buying a car, you ask experts and take test drives. The care of your children deserves as much---more---guidance and expert service as buying a home, doing your taxes or buying a new car.
Simply summarized, the benefits of working with an agency:
- Peace of mind
- Reduced workload for you (background checks, arranging interviews, placing classified ads)
- Pre-screened candidates coming to your home, rather than complete strangers who are responding to your ads and listings
- One year of re-placement if you and your nanny are not a good fit
- Expert advice about the hiring process
- Expert advice about nanny taxes and how to maintain a successful relationship with your nanny
- Support for your nanny after you hire her
- Agencies attract strong candidates---this is a big decision for nannies as well and they want to know that families have been prescreened. Our pool of nannies includes professional nannies who have been working in family settings for long periods of time. We also have some young nannies who are newer to the profession. If we have included a new nanny in our candidate pool, she is a strong candidate on her way to a long career as a nanny.
Why work with The Columbus Nanny Agency?
The Columbus Nanny Agency was founded by a mother, not far removed from her time as a nanny employer, and a professional nanny of ten years. Sonya Lin Thesing has been through the search process with several agencies (sometimes successfully and sometimes unsuccessfully) in Ohio. Cynthia Reinacher has worked with various agencies as a professional nanny for ten years. The processes that Mrs. Thesing and Mrs. Reinacher have created are a culmination of their positive agency experiences.
The Columbus Nanny Agency is committed to providing outstanding customer service. We provide each and every family and nanny with personal attention before, during, and after the placement process. We are a company that is devoted to meeting the needs and expectations of our clients. Our agency ’s top priority is to help families and nannies create a nurturing, stimulating, and loving in-home child care environment where children thrive.
It truly is a matter of people working with people. Mrs. Thesing and Mrs. Reinacher care deeply about the children in our community. Their individual volunteer and career experiences exemplify this deep care. Each family and nanny that we work with is important because in the end, there are children to be cared for.
The Columbus Nanny Agency is a member of the International Nanny Association. By working with a member agency, you will be working with professionals committed to excellent in-home child care. The Columbus Nanny Agency is also a member of the Better Business Bureau.